In Dunboyne, we have three Packs of of Cubs. Tuesday Cubs, Wednesday Cubs and Thursday Cubs
|Cubs Pack||Tuesday Cubs||Wednesday Cubs||Thursday Cubs|
|Meeting time at the Den||Tuesdays:18.45 to 20.15||20.15 Wednesday :18.45 to 20.15||Thursday:18.45 to 20.15|
|Leaders||LUCY O’MAHONY (Akele), , Valerie Wogan, Joe Branigan, Paul daSilveira,Carol Humphreys,Stephen Brady, Ronnie Kane,||Cormac Mooney (alela) , Susan Cantwell, Rob Boughton,Siobhan Carrigan, Dave Finlay||TOM HOLMES (akela), Marcus McInerney, Esther Mallenco, Margarethe McGuirk, Ciara Henry, Karl Maher, Anita Reid, Barbara Sutton|
- We currently have approximately 85 cubs between 3 Cub nights in Dunboyne.
- The age group is 4th, 5thand 6thclass. (approx. ages 9-12)
- Ranging from our youngest who are coming up from Beavers to our older cubs who are getting prepared to move up to Scouts – so the challenge is to create a programme that keeps all the cubs interested.
THE “ONE PROGRAMME
- As with all sections, we use this as our framework to create annual activities to keep our cubs challenged across a huge array of skills and to create personal development.
- To mention a few : Adventure Skills, Community, Environment, Personal.
- This brings us on amazing hikes, camping trips, fundraisers and days out to places we might never get to go to normally.
- The cubs are rewarded with a badge for their hard work upon completion of goals set out by the leaders.